PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 19th Apr 2017, 20:43
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomtomsky
If we will stand together and say NO for self-sponsored TR that will affect the their policy. Lot of things could change for better but unfortunately lot of people are desperate because of debts to be payed, and they gonna do everything to start a job.anyway the type rating for 737 cost between 12-15k€. So ryanair is earning double money for free. I hope this will stop but it's only hope:/
I paid 15500 for my TR that is incl. CL and NG AND Hotel PLUS base training. That is something different then FR.

Then after 3,5 years CAE called me and asked what my situation was. I said well, I just obtained my 737 Rating... The friendly lady, asked me then, well are you still interested to work in FR? I said yes, but NOT when I have to REDO B737 Rating all over again for the grandstand price of 30K. I said, I HAVE TR737 rating so if they are in such a big need then they should take me on, but that was NOT possible when you dont have hrs on type. So then my answer was Thanks but NO Thanks.