PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Samsung excess battery drain
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2017, 12:11
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
You might have hit the nail on the head, GOULI, some app is kicking the gpsd endlessly and not getting the right answer although I don't understand why. GPS should be good in the wide open British countryside.

I would do a full factory restore except I don't know how to reinstall my banking app so that it reconnects properly to my account. First Direct Digital Key - anyone?

In the meantime I have forced the FitBit app to stop, it is the most likely culprit as it has only been on the phone a few weeks, I think all of the other stuff I have installed is older than that except for the Palm Graffiti keyboard app which only went on last Thursday.

When my alarm went off at 6 this morning I deleted 3 apps from my phone, maps, repeater and something else whose name has slipped my mind and also forced the Fitbit app to stop (I didn't delete this as I want to retain the data it has collected). I then unplugged the charger and left the phone on my bedside cupboard.

Working at home today I have not had to use it. I just checked the battery charge state and I am blown away to find, after 11 hours of phone idle, that there is 93% battery remaining. I double checked by looking at the battery use table to find that 48% of the 7% battery used is device idle and 41% of the 7% battery used is cell standby. I am going to give it a few days and then start to reinstall the deleted apps and see which is using up the battery.

Rans6