PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia - Student VFR Entry to ADL CTR
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2017, 10:03
AerocatS2A

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Suastiastu
Student VFR Entry to ADL CTR I am a solicitor for a community group in a planning appeal against a windfarm. Their Ambidgi expert, Ian Jennings, has given evidence that an alternate route from Parafield to Murray Bridge is available which tracks over the top of ADL and that the student at straight and level flight or first NAV level can transit the area by issuing a general broadcast call without pre-clearance. It sounds bizarre to me but I have not witness to put up against it.
Looking at the VTC for Adelaide, it doesn't look like the expert is talking about transiting overhead ADL at all, but rather following the VFR lanes east from Parafield, then once clear of the 2500' CTA step, tracking south east over Palmer to Murray Bridge. Once outside the 2500' step you'd be in uncontrolled airspace at 4500' or below and can proceed on a broadcast basis (you can do that below the 2500' step as well of course). So all the expert seems to be saying is that there is a popular training route in uncontrolled airspace that transits the proposed wind farm site. Nothing controversial there.

Edit: Sorry, is the expert trying to say there is an alternative route to the one I described above? There is nothing that transits overhead ADL that doesn't require a clearance. On the other hand, depending on the size of the wind farm, I'd suggest the alternative route is just the same as the primary one but you go around the wind farm.