PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC: Oxford vs Jetlinx
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2003, 19:48
TFG

I have recently completed an Mcc Course with Jetlinx and cannot recommend it highly enough. My course was run by a guy called Cameron Mackay who is a BA 777 f/o and my other instructor was Steve Coombes also a BA 777 f/o. Both of them are ex RAF fighter pilots. The level of instruction was outstanding. Not only their knowledge and teaching techniques but the enthusiasm of these guys was what struck me. They expected 100% and in return gave 110%!. The course is on the two BA 757 sims at Cranebank(Heathrow) and although this is an Mcc course as much emphasis was put on jet handling as Crm and British Airways SOP's followed to the letter.
If you want to just turn up and get your certificate (cause Mcc is not pass or fail) then this is not the course for you.If you want to walk away having flown a 757 sim for 20 hours under the best instruction that I have had during my flight training feeling like you have learnt more than you could have wished for and being really pi**ed off because the course is over then this is the place for you.
The only downside are the sim times which for me 2 were at 2300-0300.
I have no connection with this company financial or otherwise