PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A109SP (GRAND NEW) Operators (Problems TR?)
Old 18th Apr 2017, 14:09
noooby

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't care if it is the Bugatti of the skies, if it costs that much I'd be shopping for two of something else!

Although it does look purrrrrty.

I looked into 109E/S cockpit upgrades to get rid of the four small EFIS screens.

To replace them with 2 large format displays and bring pitot static data on to the screens (speed/alt/VS etc), was going to cost approx US$220k per ship. Finding IFR certified displays that could handle everything, plus the cost of integrating the autopilot and other sensors already used on the 109E/S, or replacing those sensors with sensors that were compatible with the displays, really increased the cost beyond anything reasonable.

So I'm waiting for Astronautics to complete the 109E/S STC for the Roadrunner screens. Still won't have speed/alt on the EFIS, but the screens are cheaper to purchase and cheaper to repair and are in a nice large size.

Talking to Astronautics, they are hopeful that the complete STC kit for one aircraft will be around US$100k. Plug and play system with a small wiring harness to adapt from the aircraft connectors to the screen connectors. Install should take around 2 hours per aircraft.