PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia - Student VFR Entry to ADL CTR
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2017, 13:26
Suastiastu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaz3g
It would help me to understand the ramifications if I knew where the proposed wind farm is to be located.

The only times I have flown in and out of Parafield I have used the VFR lanes to Warren and South Para Reservoirs. Your reference to a "tunnel" Parafield-Murray Bridge is a little confusing unless you are perhaps referring to the VFR lane over the city to the south-east leading out to the Hope Valley lane which is all within Adelaide CTR.

If you are quoting the "expert evidence" regarding clearances for students correctly, it sounds very unlikely to be credible to me. Perhaps a school CFI from Parafield would have sufficient interest to assist?

Kaz
Expert evidence was given by a person who has held pilots licenses since 1979 and Professional Pilotingqualifications since 1986. He was a member of the CASA Flight Training Panelwhich developed policy on behalf of CASA from 2008 through 2011. He was a ChiefFlight Instructor from 1999 through 2012 and delegate of the Minister forAviation under the Civil Aviation Act from 2000 through 2014. Hewas a CASA approved flight testing officer from 1999 through 2014. Approvalsheld included multi-engine aircraft, under both VFR and IFR, initial issue andrenewals for Commercial Pilots and instrument ratings.

Sorry "tunnel" was my word for the area under the cloud and above the windfarm when transiting Palmer over the ranges.