PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 172 pro-active familiarisation for PPL
Old 18th Apr 2017, 12:24
AirWaterloo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
Incidentally, whilst this may seem anti intuitive - if you want to hear good RT *don't* listen to an American tower feed. That country uses some of the worst non standard aviation English in the world.

If you want to hear really excellent quality aviation English RT, you would be far better off searching out a feed from Germany or Belgium.

G
I noticed Looked for Brussels, Amsterdam, etc.

To my surprise the Schiphol (Amsterdam) ATC's speak DUTCH in between their English (as do some KLM pilots). Often just greetings like good morning or so but still. I thought that when at least one party spoke English on the Radio all should switch to English. At JFK I also hear them use numbers in stead of digits. Another thing I thought was not done.

However, I don't have the RT books yet and the above examples makes me understand all the warnings in replies to my OP that one must avoid learning wrong things or develop bad habits with simulators, and I will now extend that to unverified assumptions and poor or bad sources of information.

Pooley's where are you, I am waiting impatiently