PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2017, 16:16
ManUtd1999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I've said, it is tough, but it is workable. Just be under no illusions as to what you'll potentially be left with each month and do your research. Asking questions here is a good start but plan for the worst case scenario, 6 months, a year? maybe 2 years out of training without a flying job? maybe longer. Things can and do go wrong throughout training that can seriously impact your employability, including just bad luck.
Excellent advice. Plan for the worst, anything better is a bonus. I've done that and IMO, for an integrated scheme without some sort of loan guarantee, the numbers don't add up. I'm not saying others are wrong, just less risk averse than me.

Also worth mentioning that my negativity on here is not based on any perception of their training, by most accounts they produce excellent pilots.

My views stem more from their acceptance (some could even say encouragement) of airline cadet recruitment practices which show no regard for social mobility and would probably be ridiculed in any other industry. The major flight schools are by no means alone in this and it's unfair to blame them entirely, but they certainly don't help in my opinion.

Last edited by ManUtd1999; 30th Apr 2017 at 16:16.