PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Military critical pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2017, 12:21
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
My, my, my...the general is gettin' a little testy ?

"The goal of the meeting will be to find ways to solve the exodus of Air Force pilots to the industry in a way that is mutually acceptable for the U.S. military and the airlines — without the Air Force having to resort to 'stop-loss,' a means of forcing Air Force personnel to stay in the service beyond the period of their commitment.

Everhart said he has already told airline executives that stop-loss is an option. 'I said to the industry … if we can’t meet the requirements, the chief could drop in a stop-loss — and you need to understand that,' he said."
And now the general appears to have had a change of heart ? Or maybe it was a steep increase in his pilots submitting separation papers to beat the threatened "stop-loss" that would interfere with their chance of hitting the big US hiring surge on the upswing ? Amusing...

"The Air Force moved quickly last week to quell concerns that it would force pilots to stay in uniform beyond their agreed-to separation dates."

Stop-Loss Rejected By Air Force - AVweb flash Article

A bit more. Gee, do ya really think so ?:

"The Air Force feels that implementing a stop-loss policy would cause pilots to flee the Air Force before the door closed, and they won't stick around to see if things improve."

https://www.airforcetimes.com/articl...-retain-pilots

Last edited by bafanguy; 17th Apr 2017 at 12:41.