PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is the revenue Alan? (EK alliance)
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2017, 09:32
Tuck Mach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point is they divested ownership to manage risk in the grand JQ Asia pivot by having other stake holders to help carry the burden.
There is not a shred of return (other than leased aircraft back and forth to JQ) and Dennis didn't pay a cracker,he had the right passport. They found out with the ill conceived venture in cheque book diplomacy in HK, not even Stanley and Patsie could make a totally non-compliant with (principal place of business legislation) a going concern.

Mr. Perspective,

they dropped their own service and got the benefit of oncarriage which steadied the ship
So could you please quantify the benefit of on carriage in a tangible dollar amount? I am challenging the statements of opinion, just show me where it is quantified? There is not a mention of it, nor is there one statement to the ASX, the shareholders or even weekly Pravda stating a dollar amount benefit for the Qantas shareholder.

As Kerrie Packer said, you only get one Alan (Bond) or was it Joyce

As for share buy backs, they rarely if ever benefit the shareholder, but insiders with huge options written when Qantas was 'terminal' may have a substantial upside!