PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has EK been the worst decision ever?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2017, 08:48
ThunderLizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot Attrition & Retention

Pilot attrition comes up a lot here. Namely, if the company is doing roadshows all over the world and going to great effort to recruit pilots, why do they not improve conditions to reduce attrition?

It occurs to me maybe management actually does want (some) pilot attrition.

I fly with basically 3 types:

1. Guys who are happy, not unhappy, or at least the job serves their purpose and career goals.
2. Guys who are unhappy but their spirit is broken and will just take whatever abuse comes their way.
3. Guys who are unhappy and rage against the machine, poisoning minds in the opinion of management.

The first 2 groups are stable, but I think management would be happy to have guys from the last group leave the company regardless of their level of experience. The trouble is the pointless irritations that could be easily remedied (many of them cost neutral) hit everyone, not just the guys the company views as malcontents. A shame really because it occurs to me that a lot of the guys in the third group actually don’t want to leave and are just voicing their dissatisfaction in an attempt to improve things and maybe move back into the first group, where they must have started out initially.