PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia - Student VFR Entry to ADL CTR
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2017, 22:14
kaz3g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Suastiastu
Its not a mater of what I believe - its a matter of what teh expert evidence says - The evidence before the Court is that it will have a significant impact on air safety between May and October for VFR pilots and students when the tunnel for VFR movement between Parafield and Murray Bridge over the Mt Lofty Ranges will be significantly constrained by the usual cloud height and additional obstacle height of 540 ft.
It would help me to understand the ramifications if I knew where the proposed wind farm is to be located.

The only times I have flown in and out of Parafield I have used the VFR lanes to Warren and South Para Reservoirs. Your reference to a "tunnel" Parafield-Murray Bridge is a little confusing unless you are perhaps referring to the VFR lane over the city to the south-east leading out to the Hope Valley lane which is all within Adelaide CTR.

If you are quoting the "expert evidence" regarding clearances for students correctly, it sounds very unlikely to be credible to me. Perhaps a school CFI from Parafield would have sufficient interest to assist?

Kaz