PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has EK been the worst decision ever?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2017, 19:02
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by salamalecom
Just Leave guys, if you're not happy you have to leave, there are many other companies to work for, keep complaining here won't change your life and make things better.
Ladies & Gents

I'm in disagreement when it comes to the theory that complaining on here won't get you anywhere.

I have to believe in some small way that the mood expressed in various posts has worked it's way into the market perception while also forcing the Co's hand.

It was admitted as such by TICH in most recent Fleet Forum - while also being a go to place for journo's from respected sources (BBC) and some suspect ones (yes you RTL)

Had we not been on here as a pseudo central sorting office of the feelings amongst the troops - I'm not sure we would have achieved some of the small victories that have come our way in recent years.

Ground pay, sim pay, threshold reduced to 88 from 92, Biz firm on OAL deadheading, step continued upwards for the long term guys, roster publications earlier, South Asian TAs to layovers, monthly forums due complaints on here and elsewhere of abysmal comms, weekly walk-ins, ORD to 48, etc

Granted these are small and incremental BUT had we typed praise and rose tinted stories on here over the years - as the 'don't like it leave' starry eyed fresh ones would advocate- then the bean counters above would not be forced to alter the supply / demand curve that has been created by the negative (and accurate) view of EK that is now established in the market.

PPrune is not the only reason obviously- Fleet Forum feedback, school house banter, flight deck exchanges, ASRs, Volvo gossip, other reports, etc - but it remains a go to Forum when something new develops and quickly reflects the mood.

The falsehoods on here, in general, usually get called out by the more reasonable posters.

As long as we're here - I would encourage those thoughtful posters to continue taking the Co to task for their lack of competitiveness in the market - lets face it we don't have a union but we do have social media - and as the week has shown dramatically- in the airline business it can be most effective.

Helmut on, digging my trench, prepared for incoming.

Last edited by fliion; 16th Apr 2017 at 19:20.