PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew travel priority over paying pax?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2017, 13:48
Band a Lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Troo believer
Read the regulation and pay particular attention to the last sentence.

CIVIL AVIATION REGULATIONS 1988 - REG 224

Pilot in command
(1) For each flight the operator shall designate one pilot to act as pilot in command.

Penalty: 5 penalty units.

(1A) An offence against subregulation (1) is an offence of strict liability.

Note: For strict liability , see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code .

(2) A pilot in command of an aircraft is responsible for:

(a) the start, continuation, diversion and end of a flight by the aircraft; and

(b) the operation and safety of the aircraft during flight time; and

(c) the safety of persons and cargo carried on the aircraft; and

(d) the conduct and safety of members of the crew on the aircraft.

(2A) A pilot in command must discharge his or her responsibility under paragraph (2)(a) in accordance with:

(a) any information, instructions or directions, relating to the start, continuation, diversion or end of a flight, that are made available, or issued, under the Act or these Regulations; and

(b) if applicable, the operations manual provided by the operator of the aircraft.

(3) The pilot in command shall have final authority as to the disposition of the aircraft while he or she is in command and for the maintenance of discipline by all persons on board.

Yesterday we needed to pay attention to last sentence, today it is secret company ops that give such authority.

If you stated yesterday and before I said it can be in company ops manuals , I may just trust you a bit more than I currently do.

So sorry I am not a True Believer due that fact - your subsequent research may in fact be true and company policy to keep private but I doubt you knew that at the time and can easily now be a lie to cover face as no other documents/s can support a similar ops manual (current trading company or not).