PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew travel priority over paying pax?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2017, 11:34
framer

Received 483 Likes on 130 Posts
but no legal document of the gap prior to moving under own power as in Australia.
I am simply asking the question - a judge will demand an answer.

Lets get back to the removed passenger type of example and lets say he actually died from injuries and you have to defend yourself as having the responsibility/authority - can you?
These are valid questions. I have always assumed responsibility from when I step onboard (unless an Engineer is still working the aircraft) often cabin crew are already onboard and there is not an Engineer in sight.........who is legally responsible for the safety of the cleaners/ cabin crew etc prior to my arrival if no Engineer is about and when do the cleaners/ caterers etc become my legal responsibility?
I've looked up the regs and company manuals and there appears to be no reference to answer the question.
I wonder if the proliferation of 'lean operations' requiring Engineers to be working in two places at once has opened up a gap over the last two decades whereby cleaners and caterers have been left to toil away in an aircraft with APU running and nobody 'minding the shop'.
I'm pretty sure that only a licence holder (AME/ATPL) can hold the responsibility so who fills the gap?