PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew travel priority over paying pax?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2017, 10:00
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Tankengine
Firstly, Band a lot is a dick.
I have been in the situation at a SE Asian port where we had a fire warning on engine start.
As it happens it was just a starter failure but I called ATC for immediate fire crew assistance.
After the problem was sorted and we were towed to a remote gate we asked about the fire crew - they never turned up at all!
The Captain has responsiblity once on board but works with others to do what appears correct at the time.

Non pilots on this forum so often get it arse about.
Aerialperspective, in your rude Captain: " let them send the containers on Thai", what was the FOD at the other end? Perhaps they needed the extra fuel more than dead weight "standby cargo".
If the Captain had said "Sorry, we can't take any empty ULDs because we need to maximize our fuel useage or whatever, I wouldn't have had a problem.

What was unacceptable was his arrogant and condescending attitude toward a local, in who's country he was standing. It was not just that but the general bullying he displayed. I don't care about the story behind it, I was not going to stand for this arrogant prick speaking to staff like that. He likely wouldn't have behaved the same way in Sydney because he probably would have been told to watch his mouth. No excuse for his behavior.