PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which job? EZ vs NOR vs ME3
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2017, 07:42
KyleRB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nicosnoko,

You prove my point! If flying is everything to you, then the very best corporate jobs will probably tick your boxes. For me there's more to life than flying, spending time with the family, catching up with friends and doing other 'normal' things is much easier on a decent airline roster. Job security is far higher too!

About 10 years ago at Hamburg I bumped into a VIP 777 crew. It was privately operated and they were knackered and operating longhaul on minimum rest repeatedly. The owner didn't give a monkeys about them. They were simply glamourised aerial chauffeurs literally slaved to their machine. One of my ex colleagues used to fly a Global Express for a conglomerate. He was well paid, stayed in 5 star hotels, and always flown out in business class to link up with the jet but he left that life to spend quality time with his family which he couldn't do on the Global. He's now with me on the 320.

If you are divorced, single or just hate being at home, then a corporate lifestyle is the best form of escapism you can have!

Good luck!