PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which job? EZ vs NOR vs ME3
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2017, 07:02
KyleRB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion and personal experience, you'd be crazy to leave any good airline for a bizjet lifestyle. 2 weeks on/off - so what!? There are some very good jobs in corporate but they are rare, like hens teeth and very hard to find - deliberately! Most are well below par in terms of working conditions and job security. Jets get sold all the time by owners and moving around following a sold jet is a good way of wasting your life. The market in Europe will never recover to what it was 9-10 years back. There are well paid jobs out in Asia or ME but you either live there permanently or live out of a suitcase and commute. Oh the glamour! You are just a glorified aerial chauffeur - nothing more! Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and now chucked it! Working for any decent airline, with all the daily moans and groans, is much better way of spending your life. Most of my former colleagues are now with me in the airlines with no regrets. Every now and then I put my rose tinted glasses on and look back to those days, but when I take them off I again see it for what it was. Some people love the hobo lifestyle but I no longer do.

As to the original poster, in many respects I can't believe the question is being asked. Only you know what your personal circumstances are, none of us do. 10-12 years ago I wanted to fly planes and travel the world. Flying was everything. Now I still want to fly planes but there is definitely more to life. Seeing family, friends and coming home most nights are my priorities. In other words a life outside aviation!