PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Travel Legalised Theft
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2017, 05:58
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staff Travel Legalised Theft

I'm sick of this institutionalised rip-off know as 'Staff Travel'. This airline gouges it's staff on the cost of traveling to a degree unheard of in the industry. Just flew back from London. Paid almost 300 gbp for a seat. My colleague who works for Delta (left CX last year) pays exactly 1/15 of that amount. CX has turned their own employees into a profit center. There is almost NO incremental cost to filling an empty seat (meal, admin), so basically they are profiting almost 700 % on each employee flying. That is disgusting. And shameful. It's time the AOA started to aggressively confront the company on this issue, as it is a way for the company to 'steal' back the income they pay us. The fact that it's an expat airline means that most of us have to use this service to stay in touch with our home countries and families. To gouge those same employees in that process is inexcusable. It is especially unfair on the lower paid staff who need to travel on a regular basis. Let CX explain why our staff travel costs are over 10X that of our other competitors? I think we all know the answer to that.