PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skype, my contact with the world has been destroyed by a nerd.
Old 16th Apr 2017, 01:18
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Well I covered that in my initial rant. Skype went worldwide in almost no time. Court cases called witnesses via it and news items occasionally had the Skype logo in one corner. Slowly people were drawn in. Yes, one day there had to be a cost.

But not suddenly withdrawn in one update after a decade of heavy use. That's just plain destructive entrapment.

As I said, I pay them monthly for my phone calls, and really, it was those that were most severely affected. 'Skyping' is fun and as I also said, I'd have been fine with paying x per min for use. But I was never asked to do so. In fact, they just kept upping the tools to play with.

However, now I've seen the option to choose the old screen - which was not offered the first horrible moments - I'm just wondering when that choice will come to an end.

I'm bewildered by the sheer data transference worldwide. People talk for hours. Millions of people. How can this be? What was the plan? Sell it to MS, well okay, that should have been the time to get worried, but still nothing happened. In whose interest is it to have something that can carry tens of millions of conversations, and then suddenly B@#$%er it up?

I suppose I'll have to pluck up courage and reboot my PC. Haven't dared yet. Might get that horrible screen but with only one button. No daren't. Going to leave it on forever.