PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training Venues
Thread: Training Venues
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2017, 23:16
mike172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get him to book in a trial lesson at a local flying club if he hasn't done so already. If after that he decides that this is a career he really would like to peruse that hour can be logged as flight training.

The two main routes are integrated and modular. If this is something he's really interested in I'm sure he'll be aware of that, though.

As for flying in Florida? I have no idea really as I did/am doing my training here in the UK. I often hear people saying that it's beneficial training here as the weather is more challenging and the airspace more restrictive, congested and complex. Though, the good weather in Florida is obviously one of its selling points in terms of less time sat on the ground weathered in.

Training is cheaper over in the states but once you factor in return flights, accommodation, travel, living costs is it really worth it? I really don't know, it's something he'll have to bare in mind.

In the meantime get him to research as much as possible. This place is a good place to start. Get him to visit flying schools and speak to instructors, current students, former students, current pilots, anyone in the game really.