PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew travel priority over paying pax?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2017, 21:30
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard
AP, not too many posts back, you seemed convinced that ground staff retain control and responsibility up to the point where the aircraft moves under its own power. ("So, if there's an engine fire during pushback and the cabin fills with smoke, the Captain should call the gate staff is that right???"). I found that a bit astounding as well. Otherwise I broadly agree with you. I can't say I've ever met a pilot who wants to assume responsibility for the pax at sign-on, and why one would want to is beyond me. Maybe we should all just quit with the willy-waving and just use a bit of common sense.
Point taken i-n-t-b-h... I didn't mention it earlier but it was in my mind that one would hope in any of the scenarios common sense would prevail... the PIC would check with emergency services before ordering an evacuation. I don't doubt an earlier post might have seemed to suggest something different because it seems on this forum to go on and on and every time one answers one post something is nit-picked about the next one and it does get to the point where the will to live starts to be lost...