PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wifi - BT hub - dropping out.
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2017, 21:17
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had terrible trouble over the past few years with BT Broadband.

Internet dropping out constantly, very lucky to see speeds above 1Meg (more usually around 300k), weekly 'live chats' with tech support who have to 'reset the connection' every time (and have to spend about 30 mins of back and forth before getting to this step).

And then the wonder that is Openreach tell us our cabinet is enabled for fibre, despite Hampshire County Council's superfast initiative telling me that we are too far away from the cabinet to benefit. Cue a week of more back and forth, where Openreach say we can get up to 40Meg and BT Broadband (and any other third party ISP) telling us that we are too far from the cabinet and do not want the risk of us not getting the promised speeds (and they estimate 1.5Meg)

Openreach then deign to arrange an engineer visit, and they make it quite clear they need access to the property so someone must be in at the time. I arrange a day off work for the 0800-1300 window. At 1245 I get a text from them saying that the visit has been cancelled as they have 'just discovered' that they need access to the property and will reschedule to allow me to ensure someone is present!!!!

Openreach finally come clean the next day and say that I will not be able to get fibre, and to regularly check the website in case the situation changes. I go to the website, and guess what, it says I can get fibre!

Oh well; I'm now cancelling my BT contract as I have a Vodafone data sim card in my Huawei 315 4G router and I'm getting 20Megs now.

Well done BT.