PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How technology has failed to improve your airline experience
Old 15th Apr 2017, 19:57
chrissw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The article's premise is that flight search engines rank only on price, which may well be true. The one I use certainly does, but it offers many filtering options.

Following on from that, although the article doesn't say it, is the presumption that the overwhelming majority of passengers simply accept the search engine's ranking, and they are therefore driven by price alone.

Again, that may well be true for the great majority of passengers; I don't really know.

However, there is plenty of information available from the same web about how well or badly airlines deal with the overall customer experience, if you want more information than price alone.

So if we assume that price is indeed the dominating factor for the majority of passengers, then the article is no doubt correct in that technology has allowed access to price information with an ease which was never there in the past. I suppose I don't fit into the "majority of passengers" which the article assumes.

Last edited by chrissw; 15th Apr 2017 at 19:58. Reason: Correction to punctuation,.