PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FT interview CEO United. The crucial difference
Old 15th Apr 2017, 12:55
configsafenot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having watched the various footage and read or heard the various statements and the three apologies from Munoz

As a regular pax, I have these questions that I would like clarifying please....

When you have bought your ticket and you are sitting in your seat waiting for the doors to close and the crew come over the tannoy asking of anyone would be willing to be bumped for "x, y, z amount" of compensation, you are not obliged to stick up your hand and say "Yes I will" or are you?

If you choose to stay on board and someone...whether cabin crew, cockpit crew or security...pick you out despite you not volunteering, can they legally force you off the plane even if you have said no and you can prove that getting off would cause you more issues than benefits?

If after you have been rugby tackled out of your seat, having said no to being bumped, and you are manhandled off the plane battered and bloodied, is it then correct protocol for the airline CEO to then accuse you of belligerence, accuse you of being a past criminal, drag your name and your family through the mud in order that it looks better that they treated you worse than a piece of meat?

Why would a CEO send a memo to the effect of congratulating the crew on a job well done, then an apology for that memo, then drag the victim's name through the mud and place all the blame on him and then only when the share price nosedives suddenly apologise a third time for the previous 2 apologies and to the victim for the abhorent treatment that he deserved?

I have heard of moving the goalposts but what Munoz said and did and tried to cover his tail not once but 3 times.....I'm sorry but if I was treated like that on a plane where VOLUNTEERS were requested and when none came forward I was summarily beaten up, dragged off the plane, then have my character assassinated....erm...I think I would take that airline to the cleaners and then some

You kind of expect staff and gate staff to try and cover their behinds with "well he was belligerent" etc but not the CEO

United/Republic brought all the problems onto themselves by the way they handled what should have been a simple situation, if a pax says no I cannot go on the later flight then that should be that, asking for volunteers and then beating a bloke up for not volunteering or agreeing to volunteer is bang out of order and for the CEO to then run a smear campaign against the bloke...well Munoz should not be in that job

Mr Dao would be well in his rights to turn this not to just an assault but possibly even racially motivated...afterall, had Mr Dao been any other nationality, would security have dealt with him in the same way?

Why single him out over everyone else on the plane, I cannot believe that he was the only pax to say "no" when asked to volunteer...