PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways (HELP)
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2003, 09:07
GASH BAG AIRWAYS

AGREE TOTALLY

I agree totally with your comments rockboy in this competetive world due to deregulation all that seems to be important is keep pax coming back i.e bums on seats and also maintaining the balance sheet healthy for tha fat cats with their convertible mercs......

One thing i have to say in GB's defence is that at least our airline offers all of us Job Security...yeah after sept 11 a lot had to be achieved to maintain us at the forefront....lost of cutbacks where made....but everything possible was done by the company to ensure no one lost their job....i remember that only the last course was cancelled nearly towards the end but where still offered the opportunity to return in January and yes most of them did.......so its all not bad i have to say....BUT and the big BUT is at what expense are our Jobs Secure?

Cutting costs to the extent that we are rostered as i mentioned once on our flight limitations rather than on ethical grounds.....we work flat out day in day out...we are getting tired, fustrated and obviously over worked.....the airline has grown in the last few years dramatically....and crew levels have increased big time....but then again i have not seen the difference in flying hours i am working as much these days if not more than i have ever done.....summer and winter....i was comparing my rosta from last winter to this summer and i worked more hours in winter than i have this summer? .........and this summer i have worked really hard....

We work so hard day in and day out...but unfortunatly our hard work does not seem to be appreciated....even our profit share has once again not been achieved therefore nothing for us....what about all that hard work we have put in??? its not our fault that we had the sars, the war etc...those are factors which regardless of crew effort are beyond our control.....profit share is an unfair way of rewarding hard work its a false measure of the true efforts of the crew....

With this in mind I am gonna start a new topic regarding benefits, rewards and staff travel concessions check it out.....