PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 15th Apr 2017, 09:12
DuncanF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Count of Monte Bisto
I am a Brit and not an American, but am a massive fan of your great nation. However, I cannot help but notice one extremely disturbing aspect of American life - wildly out of control law enforcement agencies in all their many forms. What passes for normality in American life among security, immigration, police, sheriffs, constables, DEA officials etc is just mind blowing to people outside the USA. Americans have a deep love for law enforcement, which is fine, but it seems to make them oblivious to the crazy excesses of the various agents who work within the system. They are often staggeringly rude, ill-mannered and objectionable people who feel empowered to do almost anthing they want whilst on duty. The conclusion I have come to is that their training is fundamentally flawed and they are rarely held accountable for their appalling lack of skill in dealing with difficult people situations. I have observed it so often in the countless embarrassing, and frankly shameful, PR disasters that regularly beset US law enforcement that I can come to no other conclusion ....
There is a good reason that the "Police Forces" in the UK were re-christened "Police Services" some years ago. The moniker "Law Enforcement Officer" has a certain vibe to it which some protagonists seem to interpret over zealously.