PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FT interview CEO United. The crucial difference
Old 14th Apr 2017, 18:37
pilot9249

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oriental flyer
I predict that united will settle this out if Court for an undisclosed sum which will be many millions .
The stupid thing is that they could have positioned the crew by road it's only a 4-5 hour drive . From all reports that I have read they were positioning to operate the next day .
Following the 2-3 delay after disembarking the passengers before departure it probably would have been a better course of action . Certainly a lot cheaper
United , we need one more seat 5k no takers, 10k would have done it half the aircraft would have got off
I agree very poor decision making and court victory inevitable.

What this boils down to is United inviting a police officer to come outside of their jurisdiction to drag an old man off a plane because of a civil contract dispute that the police officer would have had no jurisdiction over even if it was in the terminal building they were actually employed to secure.

Shocking for United and shocking for the City of Chicago.

Thank heavens that due to smartphones and stubborn old men, the world might now be a slightly better place.

Wishing Dr Dao a speedy recovery.

Last edited by pilot9249; 14th Apr 2017 at 18:47.