PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2017, 09:20
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the difficulty flyBe have with the E-Jets is that their seat mile costs aren't competitive with the likes of Wizz and Ryanair. There is a lot of radio advertising from flyBe on Capital & Heart Yorkshire, focussing on DSA, predominantly Faro, but mentioning other routes too. I used the flyBe DSA-CDG service over the last week, the 175 was full both ways, but I only paid ~£50 each way. Sky scanner suggested these as the cheapest flights from the LBA/MAN/DSA/EMA area - which might suggest weak pricing, which is a shame as the experience from DSA was brilliant. I loved how easy DSA was to park, get through and be gone - it really is everything a smaller regional airport should be.

The C-Series was mentioned up thread. The CS100 would seat ~125 at 30" or 130 at 29" according to Bombardier, which isn't much of a step up from the E195, but with per-seat costs equal to, or less, than an A320/738, potentially a perfect mix for an airline wanting to say under the radar of the big LCC's but also needing to be price comparable.