PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2017, 08:33
roverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN - pax go West as staff go East.

Pax numbers on the MAN-SIN and vv sectors are strong, generally around 150 but I have seen 200. Those figures are without the transit pax going through to/from IAH. The market is there for a daily service I would say, and the 5th Freedom route overall is strengthening as awareness of the IAH connection grows. Some transfer traffic connecting at MAN for IAH on this service, too. Fares are low at the moment but that is sensible to establish the market on internet searches - you don't immediately think of Singapore Airlines when looking to fly from the UK to the USA.

Virgin picked up 128 transfer pax at MAN yesterday for Las Vegas. I cannot determine where they came from but some evidence to suggest Eire and Scandinavia where chunks of incoming transfer pax were noted in the hours preceding VS085. Another reason we need to hold on to our US services, because the transfer market is gaining traction which could be damaged by loss of frequency.

And in other news work starts next week on the new Pier 1 aprons as part of the MAN-TP. And so begins a long farewell to the much-loved Staff West Car Park! (Hello Staff East).