PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 14th Apr 2017, 03:49
Old Carthusian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the explanation , old carthusian . You point out that I missed the point that he had a ticket . Oh he had a ticket ? Yep , but there are only so many seats , so someone must deplane . The previously efficient UA , now unable to explain to the pax that he is ' it ' , and the pax unable to accept that he is ' it ' , cannot agree . So the police come , and the pax remains unable to accept that he is ' it ' , and they cannot agree . So what would be YOUR solution ? How would old carthusian resolve the disagreement ? MY solution would be to lean across the aisle and tell the PAX that I (myself) volunteer to leave , and that it's all right for him (PAX) to calm down now ; and then I will tell the police that I volunteer

oldtora

Once again I should remind you we are not talking about the police but airport security - a different bunch of people.

The ticket is an important detail as not only had it been accepted by United and the passenger had been allowed to board but under its conditions he was within his rights to insist that United carry him or offer him adequate compensation. The latter did not happen so he insisted that United carry him for what most would consider quite valid reasons. United themselves have acknowledged this to be the situation (Munoz's most recent statement) and promised that this kind of situation will never happen again. That part of the argument is over. What part of 'United had no right to ask the passenger to leave' do you not understand? As for my solution which no doubt will happen from now on is that the passenger if they do not wish to vacate the flight having already boarded and have a valid ticket is carried.