PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL-3
Thread: LIVERPOOL-3
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2017, 21:50
lfc84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A warning to other airport users.

I recently had a rental with Europcar. I refulled the car to its maximum at a pertrol station in L24 near to the airport. The pump cut out because the tank was full. The guage did not show 8/8. It showed 7/8. Upon returning the car I showed my receipts to the agent and he explained that the vehicle had a known fault. He said that he would take the vehicle to get pertol and it would be evident that once he attempted to fill up the vehicle that it would accept no more fuel. I was told to sign the return form since he could only document what was visible on the display - however he said that if the vehicle would accept no more fuel it would not result in a charge.

I was focused on signing to confirm there was no damage. Having heard of such scams. Perhaps I should have wrote I did not agree to the fuel reading.

Well, low and behold. I was charged for fuel. I've made a complaint to Europcar.

I understand that an agent / contractor is not the responsiblitiy of the airport, but I thought it may be helpful to warn others.

It does not present a positive impression. I'm often at the airport so the desk can expect a visit to discuss the matter.

The amount is trivial. Its the principal.

Does anyone have any other sugegsted course of action?

Last edited by lfc84; 13th Apr 2017 at 22:00.