PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which job? EZ vs NOR vs ME3
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2017, 19:39
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's say, hypothetically, that you had a job offer from EZ (based LGW), NOR (737 Max) and EK (on the 380). Which employer do you go for?

I'm going to consider this from another angle. Family will dictate much, of course, but...I would not expect any of these to be an employer for life; however EZ could be if you achieve the base you want, and like many who survive end up on a 75% or 50% roster in later life.
Assuming you don't expect to plant your roots permanently the question is which one will best enhance your career. It's not the employer it's the type in your licence: it's the type of flying you want. Do you want a family life of constant multi-sector short haul with a disruptive sleep pattern? Do you want ultra-longhaul with perhaps enough cash quickly to move on to what you really want, perhaps even part-time contract work? Always, unless you are in one of the national majors with a well known life style and possibilities of different career paths, it will be what ifs style you want and which type of a/c can allow you to have the maximum choice in the future. What kind of experience will make you the most valuable? then you can choose and be slightly more in control of your destiny.
Look beyond the next 5 years.