PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Type on Easa B1.1
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2017, 17:56
Ammar1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BluFin
Dont mean to burst your bubble but .......... If I were you, I would get a better understanding of Part 66 and the requirements as your not ready for type training if you need to ask this kind of question.

But to answer. You will need to do (and I will only cover group 1 aircraft here) Part 147 Theory & Practical Training and APPROVED OJT within an approved Part 145, it can be with any member state, be careful if you go to an EASA approved organisation as you wont be able to support your application with the documents required for type rating issue as they are not a competent authority.
The UK CAA has published several information notices on this topic on the web site. Most organizations in your part of the world are EASA approved so buyer beware.
Im sorry for my late reply as i was busy with work.

I heard rumors, had asked my Quality department and they said its hard to get the initial rating as i need to do the structure OJT.My company has a 147 approval to conduct the theory and OJT.I email CAA UK,and here is the reply:

We will only accept OJT that is conducted with a Part-145 organisation that has been approved by the competent authority of an EASA member state, and whose MOE includes approved OJT procedures. The theoretical and practical type training may be completed with an approved EASA Part-147 organisation.

"be careful if you go to an EASA approved organisation as you wont be able to support your application with the documents required for type rating issue as they are not a competent authority."

May i know what do you mean with those ? or the organisation need to be CAA UK approved as my license from there and it must be done in the UK ?

Im confused and i really need to understand this before i decide to go for the course.I dont want to waste money if i couldnt get it endorsed on my license.

Really appreciate your reply.