PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 13th Apr 2017, 17:53
andycba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Claybird
Yea, I don't disagree a trial is not going to look good for United, nor do I think they wish to have one. They will settle.

And just to clarify some things to the SLF who make comments about some of us being Gods or what not:

I also don't disagree with what everyone else says here: that this kind of behavior demonstrated by the officers is condemnable and probably more.

Yea, I'm pretty sure too that the company could have resolved this problem in a more professional, tactful and quiet matter. They should have.

I do disagree, however, on whether he had a right to resist like this.

But... they can deplane anyone they want and if the passenger being deplaned has any objections, they can sue and take legal action but when security tells you to get off a plane, you do just that and seek justice in court. You just don't put up this kind of temper tantrum on an airplane, even when you're right and I'm pretty sure this passenger was in the right.

THAT'S my objection to the whole thing.
No - you cannot deplane anybody you want. You need to have lawful reason, and if United did not then they deserve everything that comes their way. And if you participate in this screw up of policy and process, you are perpetuating this. It is exactly this type of blind stupid thinking that has led us to this terrible situation. And show me the evidence of any tempter tantrum before the security guy initiated a full on aggravated assault. If politely declining to be involuntarily removed from an allocated seat once taken is a temper tantrum, you do not belong up front.