PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy or legit?
Thread: Dodgy or legit?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2017, 10:53
tobster911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Completely agree. The way Wingly works is you post a flight, say, on the 1st March, stating that on the 28th March, you will be doing a flight from North Weald to Cambridge (for example) in your rented 172. You get a request from someone asking to join you.
For the passenger to make the request, they must have been approved by Wingly, which requires proof of identity and nationality, as well as them having read all the T's and C's, which explicitly state that the decision to go rests solely with the pilot, and if the flight is cancelled, the passenger will receive a full refund. When the request comes through, the pilot can have a look at the potential passenger's profile, and decide whether to accept or decline the request. If they accept, they then message the passenger to introduce themselves.

I am a very low hour PPL, looking to build my hours, so have joined both Wingly and Coavmi (very similar outfits). I have advertised one flight so far as a local sightseeing tour outside of CAS. This allows me to cost share to help hour building and introduces someone to the fantastic world of GA. My reason for only sightseeing outside of CAS, I know my limitations, and am not yet 100% confident flying through, so need to brush my skills, with a much more experienced pilot.
My passenger already knows that I'm a very low hour pilot, but they're comfortable with the flight. It works wonderfully.

Last edited by tobster911; 13th Apr 2017 at 13:48. Reason: removed some incorrect information from my post