PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment Special Forces Medal
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2017, 09:23
sittingstress

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Al R
I remember said angst at the Crossbow very well, was it really thirty years ago? It involved on one occasion, two urinals ending up in the cavity above the suspended ceiling, something which amazed and impressed me in equal measure (for the ingenuity alone).
Al it cannot be thirty years ago as I am only 23

There was also the Night of the Stolen Tanks (CVRT) which owing to a neutral turn over the RHAG and a crushed ILS thingy turned the premier Tornado Wing into a useless collection of aircraft hidden in HAS. Not our finest moment!

It was particularly funny watching an RAFP Landrover, complete with flashing blue bulb, and the rotating light, attempting to chase a Spartan round the ring road and blocks.

I am actually chuckling now at the memories of the skullduggery that occurred during my time there.

TTN, HQ Flt were questioned by the Stn Feds regarding a night of ridiculousness and to a man we (ahem) THEY all answered as agreed, "I could hear it going on but there was nothing I could see as i was in the toilet at the time sitting down." Very good we thought. The cunning Feds in act of suprising professionalism collated our evidence and the message was passed back to the Sqn WO, "There are only 4 traps in the toilet, send them all for re-interviewing."

Halcyon days

Rocky Goodall was the Stn Cdr and we always got the impression that despite our daftness he liked "His" Rocks.