PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 13th Apr 2017, 09:02
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by framer
if a passenger is to be removed the Captain should hold a two minute meeting with those involved to set expectations about how the removal will be conducted and set a clear expectation that another meeting will be held prior to using any form of physical coercion.
Nice in theory but certainly in my experience it doesn't generally work like that, even outside the states. I've had a few incidents onboard where UK police have had to meet the aircraft on arrival and I also have a colleague who was caught up in a sit-in/demo....again in the UK. In all cases the police arrived, wanted a brief brief as to WTF was going on, and most definitely didn't want a brief as to how to handle it..... they basically then ordered the captain and crew to keep out of the way ........ IMHO best you can do in those circumstances is then act as a witness.

I imagine the Captain involved just assumed everyone would do their job in a professional manner and it didn't turn out that way.
Agreed.