PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew travel priority over paying pax?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2017, 03:26
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Band a Lot
Trespass! got to be a pilot comment.

Your house owned by your bank wants you out, you are up to date on your mortgage payments.

Your BMW your car dealer sold you, now wants his secretary to have it instead.

Your Rolex you need to give back to Rolex now.

Yes there will be ways in the contract (ticket) to allow the airline not to fly you, but they will need to be acceptable as per the contract - if it does not specify that offload under these conditions is 800 points, I think the airline will be in breach of contract and individuals of the airline and removing persons somewhat exposed to criminal charges and lawsuits
Don't drive a BMW but the dealer demands the car back because it has a serious fault that could cause problems for people other than you and the dealer/manufacturer has been instructed to make the modification.

The government compulsorily acquires your house as part of it's SkyRail level crossing removal project... presumably for the greater good.

It does not state in a contract that the airline will provide food, toilet facilities and/or other amenities on board that it is legally not required to provide and when it doesn't because of incompetence or any other reason (running out of meals), while most airlines may compensate, they are not required to.

None of these things are in the contract either. What it will come down to is how the law interprets it - if I were a religious person I could kiss my rosary beads and loudly proclaim "Mary Mother of God protect me" as the aircraft lifted off the runway and nothing would happen, but if I said "Allah Akbar" I would likely be offloaded. Where's that in the contract??? No contract can cover everything and where it doesn't, usually the common law comes into play if there is no applicable statute. I've said repeatedly I don't agree with what they did but non one on here knows if the requirement for the crew to travel was a last minute thing after boarding was completed yet there are people criticizing airport staff for 'lack of planning' and such.
The CEO admitting they were wrong is more to do with containing 'potential' liability for the passenger's injuries.
As for the comment about Trespass... it didn't come from a pilot, it came from a Police Officer and an Airline Security Manager who I spoke to personally. But of course, what would they know???