PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2017, 17:28
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1
I note from the Bournemouth thread that the FR route to Las Palmas is being dropped next winter, loads haven't been particularly spectacular. So not just SEN. Logic would say these flights should be rammed full with the problems in Egypt etc, and the Lanzarote and Tenerife flights seem fine. So is there something else going on? Too many seats being offered for the accommodation available?
Your logic is plausible. I don't think it's the airfare ticket prices that are the issue. I've noticed hotel, apartments, and villa prices have increased this year across certain regions like the Canaries, Algarve, coastal mainland Spain and the Balaerics too. I think a possible reason being various security risk issues or international refugee issues at certain other destinations which ordinarily people flock to from the British Isles. In short, accommodation prices are out of whack right now and I reckon it's putting some people off commiting to spending on a holiday. It's just a vibe I'm getting from looking at the accommodation prices compared to last year's.