PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing Twin Squirrel: Wales/Ireland
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2017, 15:48
Kawa1400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I just pass a comment.

As I have said before I am not a pilot but a friend of the pilot and the family that were killed in this accident.

I have read this thread with a view to try and get some understanding or insight into what could of gone so horribly wrong.

The last two or three pages are a revelation, perhaps I expected a professional pilots network would have pilots that have geniune knowledge to impart and a willingness to share, learn or explore different options. I am an intelligent man and understand the early points raised in this thread.

The last few pages just comes across as a 'dick swinging' competition.

I am sorry if I am rude, I don't mean to be. Kevin was a man that did not take unneccesary risks. He owned a business that assembles huge metal structures - he was risk averse in business and cherished his family - I accept that all the available evidence looks like he made a fatal error of judgement - but why

If the point in the reply 180 states that he was above the cloud threshold so IMC at that point. So one could assume on autopilot - the aircraft was fitted with it.

Is there anyway to find out if he turned back ?

With absolutely zero flight knowledge or flying hours get the impression this is a below MSA and a heading issue - he was not on course

Could that be right

Are the accident investigators reports published ?

Thank you for reading this, I apologise if i come across as a jerk, just lost a friend and don't understand why