PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 12th Apr 2017, 15:11
Amadis of Gaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rottenray

Some of you forget what business you're in. That business is transporting people who have purchased tickets.

The good news for you is that people will continue to fly to get from A to B as soon as possible.

The bad news is that your attitude has already infected the traveling public, and most travelers choose based on price instead of satisfaction.

So when another company undercuts United, your alienated customers will flock there.

Serves you right.
You bring up a good point as regards most travel choices being made on price and pretty much nothing else. Which begs a bit of a "chicken or egg" question: which came first, the decline of service and the resulting price-focused shopping or price-focused shopping with the resulting decline in service? I honestly don't know.

Furthermore, to follow your logic, what happens when United later undercuts that competitor to whom everyone flocked? Will they flock back? I've seen it happen. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a customer say something to the effect "I swore never again to fly on X but they were $17.41 cheaper than Y, so..."

I'm exaggerating but you get the point.

Just food for thought.