PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 12th Apr 2017, 14:09
BusAirDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's taken 29 pages, result:
"Mr Munoz was asked if Mr Dao was at fault.

He said: "No. He can't be. He was a paying passenger sitting on our seat in our aircraft and no one should be treated that way. Period.""

Some of us saw this after Page 1, others, well enough said, I am sure they will be writing the same drivel after it has reached 60 or 100 pages, that is the scary bit, that there so many who feel entitled!

It's a privilege to have this job, it's not your little personal toy do as you please, without the passengers there will be no jobs. There are some people who clearly have misunderstood the concept of SERVICE industry.

And as for the Captain, I would have given the same statement as Munoz now finally has done:

"He was a paying passenger sitting on our seat in our aircraft and no one should be treated that way. Period, he stays!"

Captain offers the Jumpseats to the DH crew, if they decline than that is OPS problem, simple.

The CoC is clear, there is nothing that covers the disembarkation of an already seated passenger. Either company offers more money to tempt passengers, or they need to find alternative ways, and the Jumpseat should be an option offered by the Captain to the crew.

If I declined sitting on the JS for positioning if this was only option, I would definitely be called in for Tea and biscuits when back at home base. This was not a LH to JS, I can understand for longer flights, not an issue. But these was extreme circumstances, and based on this you can also understand the reactions of the passengers towards the crew who came onboard. Not their fault, unless they was given the whole story and what options was available for them.