PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2017, 12:22
Danny42C

"Ah, my foes, and oh, my friends",

I'm touched by the concern expressed over my well-being these past few days, and sincerely thank all those who have Posted here to that effect.

Know now that (like Mark Twain), "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated", and Danny is Sitting Up and Taking Nourishment, so back in business pro tem.

But his laptop is not, or only temorarily: it is functional once more, but charger input jack is knackered (well, it is six years old and has had a hard life); contact can only be achieved by a lot of delicate twiddling and the muttered recitation of certain Anglo-Saxon incantations with which most of us are depressingly familiar.

As the thing is still under extended warranty, so soon a Nice Man will turn up at my door, take it away, renew input jack point, bring it back and tell me whether warranty will cover what is clearly "Fair Wear and Tear", or - "How Much ?"

Local IT wizard would do the job for a (fairly) modest sum, but as this would probably break terms of warranty, so will go for Nice Man. Only snag: "How long will you need to have it ?" ..... "We aim to have all repairs done in fifty (yes, fifty !) working days" .... Wish me luck.

While mine is away, can work on my daughter's laptop (when she's out), but as it does not have a touchscreen and the keyboard is slightly different, do not expect much output.

Danny.