PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 12th Apr 2017, 02:23
Sorry Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be quite surprised if Munoz still has his job in a week. This is the biggest corporate PR cockup since Volkswagen and I think at this point nothing short of the CEO resigning will do. Even then United better start thinking about company wide brand perception initiatives to rehabilitate their image. If I was a large shareholder I would be demanding these changes as a start.

Munoz has had a few opportunities to stem the PR tide against them and possibly save his job and he has only muffed it with half apologies. I sort of don't get it because at that point the only big benefit in doing that is personal and corporate pride. In a customer service industry sometimes you have to say sorry for things that are beyond your control (or don't really agree with).

For those that think United's personal had the right to do what they did, you should remember that in the end result of this PR disaster, the rules are irrelevant. Besides if this happened more frequently you can be sure the rules would be changed... which might now happen anyway.