PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 12th Apr 2017, 02:19
rottenray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ridiculous

First, to all the supposed "professionals" who claim that it's fine to toss or drag someone off a plane, remember what business you're in and who pays your company.

Without the idiots, who you call punters and self loading freight, you'd have no work to do. This has been mentioned before. Get over it. We pay your company to transport us. We don't pay your company to abuse us or leave us stranded because your company can't put personnel in the right place at the right time through internal operations.

I'd love to see the reaction on West's face if a hostess asked him to leave a restaurant after he'd been seated, telling him that staff had to eat instead.

I pay for a ticket, show up, and expect to be taken to my destination. I don't expect to suffer because of bad planning or bad business practices on your part.

I haven't looked at schedules and don't intend to, but this idea crossed my mind.

If the flight was full of paying pax, couldn't the four have been accommodated on a competitor's flight? That's not unheard of.

Years ago, I saw a Delta captain (in uniform) board the Southwest flight I was on. I didn't ask questions, other than how are you doing? He was sitting across the aisle. He said that he'd had more pleasant days, and as soon as we reached cruise he took a nap.

Some of you forget what business you're in. That business is transporting people who have purchased tickets.

The good news for you is that people will continue to fly to get from A to B as soon as possible.

The bad news is that your attitude has already infected the traveling public, and most travelers choose based on price instead of satisfaction.

So when another company undercuts United, your alienated customers will flock there.

Serves you right.