PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 12th Apr 2017, 00:33
Matt48

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Claybird
As you very well know, nothing happens in any aircraft without the captain's consent. Even if this action was precipitated by the Ramp Supervisor, Corporate, Flight Operations or any other department/individual, nothing happens inside the aircraft without the captain's approval.

The Captain could very well have said 'i'm not bumping anyone, get these people (the non-revs) another way to Kentucky'.

Again, the Captain green-lights anything pertaining to the aircraft.

If a guy goes in a coffee-shop and disturbs the place and the police show up and they beat him and they deny him basic rights, would that person sue the coffee shop or the police? The police, of course.

United cannot and will not be found liable for the actions of these people who are not employed by the company. United could 0 but will not be found - liable for deplaning this passenger because, like I've said, once this decision has been made (rightfully or not, it's in the eyes of the beholder) there is little this passenger can do.
" As you very well know, nothing happens on any plane without the captains consent". Really, you sure about that, plane on the ground, at the ramp, doors open, no engines running, I'm not so sure.