PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: UA forcibly remove random pax from flight
Old 11th Apr 2017, 20:45
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stator vane
If it had happened to me...and I was told to get off the airplane, I would not refuse. I would ask why, maybe complain, but never think to refuse to get off when told by the airline crew and especially any security crew. I really don't see any validity in refusing to get off when told.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Tell us please that you would never have before imagined anything like this happening to a passenger already boarded and seated in their allocated seat? Or maybe you are you saying there is an SOP for passengers finding themselves in such a situation?

The staff executing what they saw as within their authority and following protocol were clearly idiots who should never be employed in any capacity on an aircraft.

If the captain was aware of what his co-workers/crew were doing and did nothing to intervene then he or she too should never be employed in any capacity on an aircraft, doors closed or not. A decision to do nothing in a crisis is not a good propensity in a cockpit especially if it dismisses a deteriorating cabin environment entirely.

The eventual apology from Oscar Munoz is even dressed in a way that indicates it is nothing to do with him. It is totally to do with culture from the top that makes employees feel they are empowered or can get away with such barbaric behaviour. No three week investigation is necessary. Right-minded observers know who to blame already and it isn't the little people.

Disgraceful.