PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK: Enough is Enough
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2017, 13:47
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
I left EK last year to join a reasonably well known uk airline predominantly based oop North. A couple of anecdotes: last year at relatively short notice I was offered a ticket for a rugby international. The roster was in process so it was too late to bid on - line. Bearing in mind I was told in Emirates that any direct verbal contact with rostering would lead to a written warning. So with slight trepidation I phoned my new rostering number to ask if I could have the day off and preferably the next to deal with the subsequent hangover. I was obviously ultra polite and the girl on the other end of the phone was very friendly but could not promise anything at that stage. The upshot: 5 days off! With the middle day being the rugby day and Scotland even managed to beat Argentina.

Second anecdote: recently did a sim with some prep required ( GNSS approaches). There had been an on line study pack. The instructor enquired whether I had a day rostered for self - study. Answer: no. Much consternation. Instructor contacted rostering and a day off given back. Conclusion: nowhere is perfect but I have found a company that deals in a common sense way with life issues. A very refreshing contrast to the lunacy and alice in wonderland logic I found in EK. Just sayin' folks.

Last edited by olster; 11th Apr 2017 at 13:48. Reason: punctuation!