PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS 2017 news
Thread: NPAS 2017 news
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2017, 09:08
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay Sata
In a word Silsoe....Noise.

Did the police helicopter prevent any crime test did not occur 30 years ago?

Over London,over football matches and over a benign sporting event such as the boat race.

Very expensive noise as well.

The boat race existed long before the Met or NPAS had helicopters.

I am sure it will be there when the helicopters have gone.

Balloon surveilance perhaps.

I love helicopters and waste stupid amounts of my money flying them.

However I object to a lot of time wasting sorties where social services and local PCSO teams should be the first line of response.

My only critics are those with a vested interest as crews on the NPAS service.

Like the train crews on Southern they cannot accept change.

The scaling back of NPAS has proved too much money has been wasted in the past on the wrong sort of policing.
Jay Sata, you are without doubt the most significant idiot we have ever had on this forum.

Yes the Boat race existed long before Helicopters came along but also before Mobile Phones, International Terrorism, Muslim Extremist, Lone Wolf attacks, Sophisticated IEDs, and a whole host of other technologies that been exploited by nefarious persons to do harm to the general public.

NOISE - OF COURSE - the whole point of policing is to prevent crime taking place. Not to catch criminals. That is the necessary by product of policing because they cannot close every opportunity available to criminals. There is little point having a quite "Stealth" helicopter. That's the same as putting speed cameras in secret places instead of showing them loud and clear to SLOW PEOPLE DOWN and prevent speeding.

If the noise upsets you GOOD. At least you know the boys in Blue are above you just as the potential criminal/Terrorist does.

Your arguments against police aviation are about money and noise. Thats all. Well I am a tax payer and I like and want the helicopter there to offset any potential act of nastiness that may occur.

Picking on the pilots who fly these machines and trying to make them take responsibility for the money that is spent is puerile and inappropriate.

I want to know what you do for a living? What possible contribution do you make to society. What difference have you EVER made to a members of the publics lives like the Police crews do every single day.

At the risk of being modded, which I would freely accept, you are the most stupid person I have ever come across on Pprune. Your postings on this and other threads makes you an embarrassment to the Rotor heads community.

Take your lily livered, jelly fish tales of misguided social conscience off our website and ply your silly ideas on someone else.

DB Out.

PS. You may well be right that sufficient bean counting dumbos tot up the bills, listen to dingbats like you and dismantle the whole freeekin NPAS in favour of drones. However, as an ex police pilot and EMS Pilot with over 5,000 missions I have a logbook full of tasks where we saved lives, found vulnerable mispers, caught very dangerous criminals and made a positive contribution to the communities that we served. The system works and works very well! You on the other hand have no experience of this. Have not seen the invaluable works the Plod and Crews do and have never saved a single life. The money as a police pilot quite frankly is a an appalling shame. However the pilots who do it, do so because they have a sense of serving. Knowing the work is justifiable and take immense satisfaction from applying their professional skills positively instead of you who appears to "flown a little bit of private flying". How can you possibly rationalise the noise and costs of your "Recreational" flying against the professional positive contribution the NPAS Boys and Girls make every single day? Oh I forgot, because you have no idea.....do you.

Last edited by DOUBLE BOGEY; 11th Apr 2017 at 09:19.